We all get concerned when it comes to our health. Keeping our bodies healthy in today’s life is a big task for all of us. Probiotics and Prebiotics are Trending these days. Both sound similar but are different. So here we will talk about some probiotics and prebiotics which are beneficial for our health.
Probiotics are the bacteria that are present in our body, and they provide various health benefits. these are healthy bacteria that are present in foods and supplements. These bacteria are present in the digestive system. People think that these jump can cause disease but probiotics are good bacteria. To keep our body healthy. these good bacteria help the body to fight against bad bacteria.
Prebiotics are the types of carbs that a human body cannot digest. The good bacteria present in your body eat this fiber from your body to keep your body healthy.
What is the difference between probiotics and prebiotics?
It is the live bacteria present in a specific food or supplements like dairy and soy products.
It is the specialized plant fiber that works as a fertilizer for the good bacteria already present in the digestive system.
Provides a healthy digestive and immune system.
Promotes healthy digestive and immune system.
They are found to be sensitive to heat and stomach, hence can destroy the active bacteria.
Does not get affected by heat and stays for a long time in the stomach.
Can assist in treating irritable bowel issues and help in reducing the chances of cold and flu.
Can assist in various chronic digestive disorders and inflammatory bowel disease.
Here are some best vegan probiotics which are good for your health.
Yogurt is the best source to gain probiotics. yogurt contains healthy bacteria that help the body to fight against bad bacteria. Yogurt is made of milk that has been fermented by friendly bacteria. Eating yogurt will help you to gain health benefits add also improve your bone health.
Kimchi is a fermented food that makes it up probiotic. the bacteria found in yogurt and other fermented dairy products are also finding kimchi. it is a vegetable probiotic food that is good for your digestive system. It can be made with carrots, reddish, ginger root, fish sauce, salt, cabbages, pepper powder, peers, scallions, etc.
Pickle cucumber is also a rich probiotic. It contains healthy bacteria which is good for your digestive system. Sour Pickles are mainly good for your digestive system.
Kombucha is made of yeast, sugar, green tea and these all are fermented for a week or more to produce bacteria which is good for your health.
Kefir is a type of milk drink that is probiotic. It is more powerful than yogurt which is a more potent source of probiotic food. grains of kefir contains more than 61 strains of bacteria and yeast which makes it a good source of probiotics.
- Sourdough bread
Sourdough bread contains flour and water which is fermented for many days to make it a probiotic. The strains of bacteria can vary from bread to bread. Some may contain it others may not. Therefore you should check the ingredients before consuming them.
Tempeh is like tofu but it is fermented. It is made up of soybeans. It is rich in protein and a very good source of probiotics. It is also used in burgers, sandwiches, salads, fries, etc.
In this busy lifestyle, nobody is having time to make food like the above. Therefore supplements are a good source to consume probiotics as an alternative option. Not all supplements are vegan. You should check out the label before consuming any supplements.
Benefits of probiotics
According to the researchers, there are different strains of bacteria with different effects. You can eat a variety of probiotic foods to make sure which is the best for you. Some benefits of probiotics are:
- It improves digestion– probiotics help in better digestion by breaking down the food and speeding up the digestion process. It can cure constipation, IBS, etc.
- It reduces the risk of cancer– According to the researchers IBS can cause cancer which can be prevented by consuming probiotics.
- It is good for vaginal health– The abundance of vaginal bacteria can be balanced by eating probiotics. Birth control pills, spermicides, etc. Can cause vaginal irritation and infection which can be balanced and prevent the harmful diseases related to the vagina.
- Cures mental issues– A good health of your body can lead you to the good health of your brain. Mental issues are common these days and can be prevented at the initial stages. According to the researchers, disorders like depression and anxiety can be reduced by taking probiotics.
- Reduces the effects of antibiotic– When people take antibiotics can be affected by AAD (Antibiotic-associated diarrhea). Taking probiotics can help you to improve your digestive system.
- Reduces the risk of metabolic diseases– Metabolic diseases like obesity can be cured by eating and drinking probiotics. They are low in calories which helps you to lose weight.
- It manages diabetes– Glycemic can be controlled by consuming probiotics. It also lipid metabolism in diabetes patients.
Best vegan probiotics for IBS:
Before intake any probiotics you should always consult a professional. When your doctor allows you to take any probiotic then the best probiotic for IBS are as follows:
- Water kefir
- Pickled vegetables
- Sourdough bread
- Dairy-free Yogurt
Vegan probiotic drinks
Eating a probiotic is good but drinking it will affect your body faster. Here are some probiotics that you can drink for good health:
- Drinkable yogurts
- Fruit flavor probiotic supplement