After taking a small pause, Covid – 19 has again reached its peak and is spreading dangerously. One of the main steps to make yourself free from any risk of catching this pandemic is to boost your immunity.
So here we are with a list of things you must follow to boost your immunity and decrease the risk of being a prey of the second wave of Covid-19 –
- Sound sleep – Getting sound sleep plays a vital role in keeping the immune system strong. If you are feeling sick just take a nap, it will help you in restoring some energy.
- Maintaining a healthy diet – Try to include whole plants like fruits, veggies, nuts, pulses, and seeds in your diet. Avoid food containing artificial sugars and other bad substances.
- Regular exercising – To keep your body and mind healthy, try to make a daily exercise routine.
- Consume plenty of water – Drinking water keeps your body away from issues like Dehydration, headache, ingestion, etc.
- Manage your stress – To make your immune system strong the first thing you should do is to keep your stress and anxiety levels under control as stress leads to inflammation and disturbs the immune system balance. Practice yoga and meditation to stay calm.
- Health checkups – It is important to spend some of your time and money on regular health checkups to ensure the proper working of your body and mind.
Food that you must include in your diet to boost your immunity against Coronavirus –
1. Citrus fruits: Vitamin C plays a major role in making your immune system strong as it increases your white blood cells count that helps in fighting against infections and diseases like cold etc.
Citrus fruits include –
- Mosambi etc.
2. Papaya: Papaya is rich in Vitamin C and also has an enzyme called papain that helps in digestion and has anti-inflammatory properties as well.
It contains a good amount of magnesium, potassium, and folate making it a perfect fruit for a healthy diet.
3. Almonds: Vitamin E is also proved to work as a medicine for treating and keeping infections like cold away and almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E.
4. Yogurt: Yogurt is a source of Vitamin D, and also helps to make your immune system strong, try to get plain yogurt instead of the ones filled with artificial sugar and flavors.
5. Spinach: This vegetable has a decent amount of Vitamin E and is also full of various antioxidants and beta carotene that help in making the immune system strong.
6. Ginger: Ginger is full of gingerol that helps in treating issues like sore throat, nausea, and inflammatory illness.
7. Turmeric: It is a spice that is used in cooking and is also present in some medicines. Turmeric is useful in boosting your immune system as it contains a compound named Curcumin that works as an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties.
8. Broccoli: Broccoli is a rich source of Vitamin C and it also has antioxidants like sulforaphane that helps in building your immune system
So, this was all about the tips and food one should include in their diet to increase their immunity to fight against the Covid – 19 and its variants.